The N.C. Department of Information Technology offers two Business Analysis Foundations courses to all state and local IT professionals – Business Analysis Foundations Core Concepts and Business Analysis Foundations Diagram Deep Dive.
The classes cover standard business analysis tools and methods leveraged by NCDIT, which echo practices espoused by the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®). The practices also align with other influencing frameworks, such as The Open Group Architectural Framework (TOGAF®) and the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
Business Analysis Foundations: Core Concepts
- Introduction to business analysis tools, techniques, and deliverables
- On-demand training course that can be taken on your own time and at your own pace
- Broad intended audience – it should be taken by business analysts but also:
- Anyone who will be doing business analysis work in addition to their other job duties
- Those who consume business analysis deliverables as part of their work (project managers, software project leadership, procurement specialists, QA/testers, etc.)
- Anyone who will be working with business analysts (business subject matter experts, IT stakeholders, executive leadership, etc.)
Business Analysis Foundations: Diagram Deep Dive
- Practical training course, in which participants will get hands-on experience with developing actual BA diagrams and deliverables
- Live course provided via Microsoft Teams which is scheduled twice per year
- Intended for individuals who perform Business Analysis work currently or plan to in the future
- Must have completed Business Analysis Foundations: Core Concepts to register, and you will also need Microsoft Visio installed on your work PC to participate.
Class attendees have been from diverse functional areas, as you would expect in business analysis. The N.C. Departments of Administration, Health and Human Services, Transportation, Commerce, Environmental Quality, Public Instruction and Information Technology, as well as the Office of State Human Resources, have all been represented by attendees holding roles in project management, solution and enterprise architecture, IT management, procurement and the full spectrum of specializations within the business analysis role.
Attendees in practically every area of business and IT can learn some essential fundamentals through this class. Please reach out to BA.Support with any questions. You can register for these classes through the N.C. Learning Center. If you are a contractor or otherwise unable to access the Learning Center, reach out to BA.Support.
2023 Class Schedule
- Business Analysis Foundations: Diagram Deep Dive – May 4 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Business Analysis Foundations: Diagram Deep Dive – Sept. 14 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Register for upcoming classes through the N.C. Learning Center.