CJLEADS Login Troubleshooting
Follow these tips if you are having difficulty logging into CJLEADS.
Please remember that if you need assistance maintaining your user account or access, you will need to work directly with your agency's User Administrator.
Your User Administrator can help you with the following:
- Reset passwords
- Unlock user accounts
- Reactivate disabled user accounts
- Create user accounts
- Update and view user accounts
- Deactivate user accounts
- Archive user accounts
- Promote/Demote NCID Administrative Rights
- Allow Access to CJLEADS
- Revoke Access to CJLEADS
Common Error Messages and Steps to Resolve
Forgot Your Password/Account Locked:
- Use the NCID Self-service to reset your password or unlock your account. Access the NCID Self-service page or view a step-by-step guide for assistance.
- Or, since the CJLEADS team is unable to modify your NCID account, contact your agency NCID Administrator.
Forgot Your Username:
- Use the NCID Self-service to find your username. Access the NCID Self-service page or view a step-by-step guide for assistance.
- Or since the CJLEADS team is unable to modify your NCID account, contact your agency NCID Administrator.
Login Failed Error:
- Navigate to https://ncid.nc.gov.
- Attempt to log in with the same username and password. If successful, this means that your username and password are correct and your CJLEADS access needs to be reviewed. Please contact the Customer Support Center at 919-754-6949 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If not successful, this most likely means there is an issue with your password. Since the CJLEADS team is unable to modify your NCID password, please contact your agency NCID Administrator.
Note: If your agency NCID Admin is unavailable (i.e., it is after normal business hours or it is the weekend), you can contact the DIT Service Desk at 1-800-722-3946 for account unlocks only.
Minimum Lifetime Requirements Error:
This error appears because your password has recently been changed. You can only change your password once in a 3-day period. Since the CJLEADS team is unable to modify your NCID account, contact your agency NCID Administrator.
If your NCID Administrator is unavailable, you can contact the DIT Service Desk at 1-800-722-3946. The DIT Service Desk has the ability to bypass the password age rule to allow you to reset your password. Criteria for this process is as follows:
- You must have attempted to reset your password more than once in a 15-day period and “Lifetime Minimum Requirements Have Not Been Met” error message has been received.
- Your user administrator is not available to manually reset your password.
- You must know the security question answers to use the password self-service.
- You must quickly complete the self-reset process. The bypass rule is limited to only three (3) hours before the rule is applied.