As indicated in North Carolina General Statute, the Office of the State Chief Information Officer is represented on the following boards and commissions:
- N.C. 911 Board – The state CIO or designee is the chair.
- Information Technology Strategy Board – The state CIO is the chair.
- N.C. Geographic Information Coordinating Council – The state CIO is a non-voting member.
- N.C. Health Information Exchange Authority Advisory Board – The state CIO is an ex-officio member.
- N.C. Longitudinal Data System Governance Board – The state CIO is a non-voting member.