IT Volume & Bulk Purchase Procedures
The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s Statewide IT Procurement Office has revised the IT Volume Purchase procedures for PCs, laptops, tablets and their related options as follows:
- The Statewide IT Procurement Office will update IT volume/bulk purchase standard configurations and post them to the IT Volume Purchasing website each year.
- The Statewide IT Procurement Office shall issue a competitive bid and notify agencies of the awarded IT Volume Purchase vendor(s). IT Volume Purchase pricing shall be valid for a minimum period of one year from the award date.
Agencies may place orders as needed using the 2022-2023 IT Volume Purchase Award through Sept. 15, 2023, using the following process:
- Enter a requisition in e-Procurement for the standard configurations and peripherals needed. Use pricing and part or quote numbers from the IT Volume Purchase Award.
- After the requisition is created, it must be routed through your agency’s normal approval flow.
- Once your agency’s purchasing department receives the requisition, it will provide a purchasing contact name, telephone number and email address in the comments section of the requisition. Please note any special delivery requirements in the comments on the purchase order and notify the vendor of these requirements.
- Requisitions no longer need to be sent to the Statewide IT Procurement Office prior to ordering if your orders are placed via e-Procurement. If you do not use e-Procurement, please email a copy of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org for tracking purposes.
Bulk Purchase Exception Requests
To order a computer (desktop/workstation, laptop or tablet) that is not a standard bulk purchase configuration, then you must submit a Bulk Exception requisition, per the following process:
- If this requisition is for desktops/workstations, laptops or tablets that are not a bulk standard configuration, then state this in the comments section of the requisition. Include the justification of why the standard configurations will not meet the agency’s requirements or attach the justification document to the requisition.
- You must provide a quote from the vendor for the equipment being requested. This quote should be attached to the requisition.
The workflow for the Bulk Exception Request is as follows:
- After the requisition is created, it will then go through your agency’s normal approval flow.
- Once your agency’s purchasing department receives the requisition, it will provide a purchasing contact name, telephone number and email address in the comments section of the requisition.
- Attach any quotes, memorandum or supporting documentation to the requisition.
- Your agency’s purchasing department will then add Statewide IT Bulk Purchaser to the approval flow.
- All Bulk Exception requests are reviewed and approved/disapproved by the state chief information officer and state IT chief procurement officer (or designee).
- Once a decision has been made, the requisition is returned to the agency for processing.