The resources below are provided to supplement training and increase awareness of federal privacy laws that govern the use of certain types of information held by the state.
Please contact the Office of Privacy & Data Protection if you have specific privacy training needs.
Federal Tax Information (FTI)
- Safeguards Security Awareness Training (for All Agency Types) from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service
- IRS Disclosure Awareness Videos
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- FERPA Guidance from the U.S. Department of Education
- FERPA/HIPAA Infographic (PDF) from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- HIPAA Training for Professionals from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- HIPAA Basics for Providers: HIPAA Privacy, Security & Breach Notification Rules (PDF) from the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- FERPA/HIPAA Infographic from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PDF)
This list is not exhaustive and will continue to be updated.