On June 6, the Statewide IT Procurement Office announced the rollout of the NC eProcurement Contracts Tool for state agencies. The tool is part of NCDIT’s initiative to improve customer service through a more efficient IT procurement process.
Adoption of this tool has been optional for IT purchases. However, all agencies that use the NC eProcurement system for IT purchase reviews should also begin using the contracts tool by Sept. 14.
Benefits of adopting the contracts tool include:
- Providing an improved review process for NCDIT agency reviewers who use the NC eProcurement system workflows.
- A streamlined, system-managed, process avoids confusion and results in workflow efficiency compared to the previous email process.
- Delivering increased efficiency for amendments and contract extensions.
- Easily requested approvals supports IT contract amendments, renewals and termination letters.
- IT contract amendment process aligns with the same process used for non-IT purchases, which provides consistency throughout the statewide procurement process.
Other benefits to agencies include:
- Enhanced customer service and user satisfaction due to improved visibility and transparency throughout the IT contract amendment approval process.
- Improved management of IT contracts throughout their lifecycle by housing all contracts and related documents within a single tool.
- Advanced notification to recipients within state agencies by using configurable email notifications that are triggered by approaching contract expiration dates. This provides the opportunity for more proactive procurement strategy discussions.
The table below lists available support resources to learn more about processing IT contract amendments, renewals and termination letters through the NC eProcurement Contracts Tool.
|Creating a Contract Workspace (IT) Job Aid||Provides step-by-step guidance on how state agencies can create a contract workspace in the NC eProcurement Contract Tool for an IT contract||Creating a Contract Workspace|
|Modifying a Contract Workspace (IT) Job Aid||Provides step-by-step guidance on how state agencies can submit IT contract amendments, renewals, or termination letters to NCDIT for approval through the NC eProcurement Contract Tool||Modifying a Contract Workspace|
|Playbook/Training Guide>p>||Comprehensive document that outlines the IT procurement process with step-by-step instructions||Playbook/Training Guide|
|NC eProcurement Help Desk||NC eProcurement help desk||Call 888-211-7440, option 1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|