The state of North Carolina has partnered with Cisco, Amazon Web Services, NetApp, NDG, (ISC)2, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, and Onward to Opportunity (O2O), to offer CyberVetsUSA, a program that provides free training and employment opportunities to veterans, transitioning service members, National Guard and Reservists, and their spouses.
Offering the latest cyber courses and certifications from some of the industry’s leading tech companies, CyberVetsUSA is a skills-to-job pathway that aims to fast-track those coming out of the military into high-demand cyber careers.
The approximately 12- to 14-week training is primarily online and is offered by the above industry partners, who are also providing career resources and connections to job opportunities for those who complete the training and certification.
- Skills Assessment: Eligible participants who are looking to gain cyber employment in North Carolina should visit cs.co/CyberVetsUSA to submit their interest. Interested candidates can complete the interest form to receive a link to register for CyberVetsUSA. Once submitted, an enrollment advisor will reach out to determine the individual learning path and available training options.
- Course Offerings: Cyber courses are available primarily as self-paced, online trainings to be completed within a 12-14 week timeframe. Depending on current skills, personal learning preference, and available time commitment, veterans will work with an advisor to pick the course that best suits them. Participants who successfully complete the program will be prepared for an industry certification and entry-level cyber positions. Training consists of the following six tracks:
- Cybersecurity Operations
- Network Security
- Security Management
- Operations/Technical Support
- Software Engineering
- Security Infrastructure
- Veteran Support: During training, participants will gain access to mentors and virtual communities to enhance their learning experiences. In addition, career resources (including resume writing, interview techniques, and career exploration) will be made available to those who achieve a 30% course completion milestone.
- Industry Certification: Once the course is completed, a free voucher is offered to the participant to obtain an industry certification for the related cyber course.
- Employment Opportunities: Because employment is a key success metric for CyberVetsUSA, we want to ensure veterans have direct access to meaningful employment opportunities. Therefore, participants will be invited to join the Talent Bridge for Veterans job-matching engine, sponsored by Cisco, to build their professional profile and explore real-time job openings from hundreds of employers looking for qualified tech talent.
Program registration is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Current Military Status: Veteran, Transitioning Service Member (must be within 180 days of separation), National Guard, Reservist, Military Spouses.
Do you have any questions regarding CyberVetsUSA? Send a message.
Transitioned since 2015 through NC's DoD installations.
Approximately 20,000 tech jobs posted in NC monthly.
Average annual tech wage in NC.