Neurodiverse Internship Program
The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s Neurodiverse Internship program offers a variety of paid, experiential learning opportunities for candidates from the neurodiverse community. Interns gain real-world work experience, contribute to NCDIT's day-to-day operations and connect with diverse individuals and communities.
- Dates: Available in the summer and throughout the year
- Work type: 20 to 40 hours a week, remote
- Pay: $20 hourly
How to Apply and Questions
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to NCDIT Internship Coordinator Yori Lucien (Yori.Lucien@nc.gov). Any questions can also be directed to the coordinator.
Read on below to learn more about the opportunities available through NCDIT's Neurodiverse Internship program.
Operational Data Analytics
The intern will conduct business analysis relating to operational data and data analysis. The intern will collect, analyze and chart operational data in visual dashboards. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Identify and collect enterprise operational sets of data
- Perform basic planning, design, development and analysis of enterprise data sets
- Develop intuitive Power BI dashboards that report on operational metrics of enterprise vs. operations services
- Maintain and update dashboards in use by Enterprise Operations
- Conduct data integration in the scope of available reporting and visualization tools
- Hands-on creation of dashboards through Power BI or Tableau Desktop
- Use data sources and APIs to connect to applications such as ServiceNow, M365 and Boomi (among others)
Liaison to the Business
The intern will learn the business of information technology. The intern will gain exposure to government accounting, procurement, job description development and organizational awareness and its impact on the department. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Create a Teams/SharePoint page
- Using procurement applications, from ordering to implementation
- Evaluating division's requests to procure software and hardware
- Interact with vendors and contractors, including performing contractor qualifications and screening
- Perform inventory and learn lifecycles