Environmental Systems Research Institute
Signed July 2021 to June 30, 2024
The Environmental Systems Research Institute provides a collection of geographical information systems hardware, software and geographic data for capturing, managing, analyzing and displaying all forms of geographic referenced information.
The Enterprise License Agreement with ESRI:
- Provides unlimited use and access to all latest versions and releases of ESRI software
- ESRI-developed software for GIS is currently available at no cost to cover executive branch agencies. However, an annual support fee will be assessed to state agencies to recover the annual payment made to ESRI.
- Third-party, royalty-bearing software is available at sharply reduced, fixed price for the term of the agreement.
- The Enterprise License Agreement fee covers the enterprise license software, ELA maintenance, ESRI international user conference registration and virtual campus training.
- Rolled-in software and enterprise license software will receive ELA maintenance, provided that standard maintenance is available for each item.
- Tier 1 support to all licenses will be provided by state Tier 1 help desk. Tier 1 support analysts will be the initial points of contact for all questions and incidents.
- Local training is available.
- GIS users, the N.C. Department of Information Technology and ESRI work together to schedule course offerings.
- Internet training via the ESRI virtual campus is also available.
- 120 training pass annual training days per year.
- ESRI User Conference and Southeast Regional Conference Registrations per year for 30 users.
ESRI and North Carolina have also established a Master Purchase Agreement (MPA) for local government. The details of this agreement are:
- ESRI software pricing - The MPA includes ESRI GSA equivalent pricing on new software purchases and such pricing is available at a discount for the duration of the state’s Enterprise License Agreement.
- Training - The MPW includes discount training rates for local government personnel at ESRI GSA equivalent rates on instructor-led classes for individuals for onsite classes or any other ESRI-instructor-led training offered at an ESRI training facility.
Term of Agreement: 8 years
Kristen Burnette, Contract and Vendor Manager