The Enterprise - IP Telephony (EIPT) service is built upon a network of high performance and high availability servers that enable voice applications to be transmitted on the agency's local area and wide area networks. The Enterprise - IP platform allows the State to create a state-of-the-art communications infrastructure that is virtually without geographic boundaries. It enables communications capability to be utilized virtually anywhere that a data network or Internet connection can be obtained. Hence the EIPT service can support a highly diversified network architecture for a variety of agency communications network configurations, i.e., campus, multi-site, branch (networked or distributed), remote, small, and home offices.
The service is managed by DIT for the express purpose of enabling State agencies to benefit from the enhanced communications capability, features, and operating efficiency provided by IP telephony in an outsourced operational model. As a hosted PBX telephony offering utilizing IP networking technologies, the EIPT service is utilized to extend inter-agency, local, and long distance telephone services in a feature rich geographically independent environment.
Agencies are provided with a local gateway that allows the connection of non-IP peripheral equipment and services at each site. Each gateway is designed to provide redundancy and backup telephone operation at the site in the event of loss of the wide area network connection to the central EIPT server. All users are provided with a multi-button electronic telephone, voice mail, and an individual seven-digit extension number.
Two service levels are provided:
- 9608 IP telephone
- Basic telephone features
- Basic voice mail
- Software changes
- Expanded voice/fax mail
- Desktop Expansion modules
- Extension to cellular mobility
- Telecommuter (remote worker) support
- New screen based desktop telephones with a number of time saving features and no paper labels
- New features and functionality such as internal directories, click to call, statewide 7-digit dialing, and user log in-log out that improve access to staff regardless of location
- No charge for system administration and no agency staff needed time to make standard programming changes
- No charge for station relocations
- Support for applications such as Interactive Voice Response (IVR), screen pop for call center agents, remote worker services, etc. to improve access to agency services by citizens
- A communications infrastructure virtually without geographical boundaries
- System maintenance that includes regular upgrades to keep the system at current software and firmware versions
- 24 x 7 remote monitoring of core and remote site equipment
- State Agencies
How Do We Charge?
The EIPT service platform allows rapid adaptation of communications infrastructure and facilities to meet operational challenges brought on by customer demand, regulatory changes, and organizational staffing needs. As a result, the service requires the support of a Voice Services Network Analyst who will assist the agency in analyzing its business needs and determining the appropriate telephony requirements.
An additional analysis of the agency's underlying infrastructure will be performed by our engineering staff to determine the network's capacity to support this application.
Once an agency's service requirements are determined, a solutions document, including the proposed design, is prepared. When the customer approves the solutions document, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) Addendum will be prepared outlining the agreed upon deliverables and pricing. After the MOU and SLA are signed, the equipment will be ordered, and system will be put into service. User training is provided by us or an entity contracted by us.
Communications and Status
If you are a customer of this service, please visit our Customer Communication Hub to self-register for communications regarding this service and to view Service Status.
- Effective August 15, 2016, the ITS Communications Hub has been replaced with the new DIT Communications Hub. The DIT Communications Hub is restricted to government and educational agencies.
- The link to the new DIT Communications Hub is https://ncconnect.sharepoint.com/sites/it_ext/com_hub
- If you are unable to access the new DIT Communications Hub please contact the DIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000 or email@example.com.