Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Testing
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Testing Services is a subscription fee based managed shared service, which offers a highly reliable, scalable, secure, and cost-effective testing platform that state agencies and local government entities (within North Carolina) can utilize 24 x 7 for managing their testing projects and/or fulfilling their functional and performance testing requirements.
SQA Testing Services follows the SaaS “Software as a Service” delivery model to support, maintain, and host a full range of HP software testing tools (ALM Quality Center, ALM Performance Center, Unified Functional Test / Quick Test Professional, Sprinter, SiteScope and Agile Manager in order to meet the testing demands for today's evolving and highly complex IT business and public facing applications.
Customers of the service can use their own personnel to support their testing requirements or employ testing professionals/subject matter experts (SMEs) provided by SQA Testing Services on a time and materials (T&M) basis or a combination of both. Below are the types of optional testing services available through SQA Testing Services on a T&M basis. For information about annual subscription rates and T&M hourly charges, reference the How Do We Charge section.
Optional Testing Services
Testability Assessment Consulting Services
- Test readiness and optimization assessment
- Requirements verification and review
- Test plan and test framework development
- Software testing lifecycle integration
- Test artifact imports or third party tool integration into HP Quality Center
- HP ALM Quality Center project customization and workflows
- Specialized (non-default) SiteScope monitoring configurations
- Setup/configuring off-site HP Load Generators/UFT workstations
Functional Testing Services
- Manual test case development and maintenance
- Automated test script development and maintenance
- Data base level verification testing
- Data and Scope related functional testing
- User interface (UI) validation testing
- System integration and functional regression testing
- Cross browser and exploratory testing
- Defect management and status reporting
- Test execution and test results reporting
- Create customized project reports and dashboard for status monitoring
Performance Testing Services
- Performance test requirements gathering
- Architecture review and setup server monitors
- Load test scripting and maintenance
- Load, stress and performance testing
- Application bottleneck analysis
- Threshold and capacity analysis
- Configuration and system tuning recommendations
- Test results and analysis reporting
General areas of support including roles and responsibilities, requirements, and customized costs are included in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for this service.
- Ability to access and leverage a "best in class" SQA software testing solution using a shared service without having to fund significant up-front investments associated with the acquisition and deployment of a comparable in-house solution
- Lower cost of use for each subscribing customer because of the significant economies of scale associated with a shared service with this type of capability
- On-demand access to SQA Testing subject matter experts (SMEs) resources, methods, techniques, best practices, etc., if or when needed
- Capability to encourage, implement, and support SQA testing within your own SDLC, which ultimately leads to producing better performing applications while meeting functional expectations. This in turn improves end-user satisfaction and lowers costs for overall IT application development, maintenance and support.
The following HP test management, functional and performance testing tools included in this service offering are available 24/7 via the Web or virtual private network (VPN) connectivity.
HP Test Tools
- ALM Quality Center 12 - (Test Management)
- Unified Functional Test / Quick Test Professional 12 - (Functional Testing)
- ALM Performance Center 12 - (Performance Testing)
- Sprinter 12 - (Manual Testing)
- SiteScope 11.24 - (Performance Monitoring)
- Agile Manager 2.32 - (Agile Test Management)
- City of Raleigh
- NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Public Safety
- NC Department of Transportation
- Division of Employment Security
- Department of Information Technology
- NC Department of Revenue
How Do We Charge?
SQA Testing Services charges a monthly subscription fee to each subscribing state or local government agency of the service based on the applicable service level tier outlined in their Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreement. Any time and materials hours performed by SQA Testing Services' testing professionals/subject matter experts for optional T&M testing services will also be applied to the monthly charges for using the service.
To obtain our services:
- Send an email to our Service Desk requesting consultation from Software Quality Assurance.
- We will respond within 24 hours. Depending on the complexity of your request, we will respond directly with an estimate, or we will schedule a discovery meeting to determine the scope and requirements.
- We will close the initial request and learn more about your project. Based on this information, we will draft up a proposal document, which includes a cost estimate and an estimated schedule.
- Upon written approval to perform the work and the creation of a bill code (if necessary), we begin the project.
If you would like to learn more about SQA Testing services, obtain a quote, or get advice on your software testing, please send an email to our Service Desk.
For more details about this service please contact Tulasi Maddi (Service Owner) E-mail: email@example.com
Phone: (919) 754-6242
Get 24/7 Customer Support
Phone: 919-754-6000 or 800-722-3846
Communication and Status
If you are a customer of this service, please visit our Customer Communication Hub to self-register for communications regarding this service and to view Service Status.
- Effective August 15, 2016, the ITS Communications Hub has been replaced with the new DIT Communications Hub. The DIT Communications Hub is restricted to government and educational agencies.
- The link to the new DIT Communications Hub is https://ncconnect.sharepoint.com/sites/it_ext/com_hub
- If you are unable to access the new DIT Communications Hub please contact the DIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.