IT Service Management (ITSM)
IT Service Management (ITSM) is a shared service that provides a cost-effective, reliable, scalable, secure, feature-rich software tool that can be used by state agencies to manage Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, and Changes in support of customers and lines of business. This service uses BMC® Remedy IT Service Management suite of tools, which is compliant with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
IT Service Management Features
- Incident Management -- for managing and tracking Incidents (a disruption to normal operations) and Service Requests (for new services, software or hardware). This Incident Management application is designed to manage the entire Incident Management process to assist in restoring service to customers as quickly as possible. The ability to prioritize Incidents and Service Requests according to business impact allows staff to focus efforts where it matters most.
- Problem Management -- for managing Problem investigations from detection to eradication through the ITIL sub-processes of Problem Control, Error Control, and Pro-Active Problem Analysis.Problem Management processes remove defects from the IT infrastructure, eliminate recurring Incidents, and stabilize the environment.
- Change Management -- for tracking scheduled and planned infrastructure changes. This includes process management and planning capabilities that help increase the speed and consistency in the way changes are implemented while minimizing risk and errors. This module includes a built-in approval process for Change and Release Management. The Change module is completely integrated with Incident, Problem, and Service Level Management applications.
- Service Level Management -- for tracking Service Level commitments with customers and from vendors, thus allowing management to pinpoint weaknesses and take corrective action.
- Ability to access and leverage a "best in class" Service Management software solution as a shared service without having to fund the significant up-front investment associated with the acquisition and deployment of a comparable vendor or in-house solution
- Shared services provide an economy of scale so ongoing costs are significantly lower than those of comparable solutions
Ten service desks at the following agencies:
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) -- 5 service desks
- Division of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (DJJDP)
- Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
- Department of Information Technology (DIT)
How Do We Charge?
- To take advantage of our service, contact our Service Desk at 919-754-6000 or 1-800-722-3946, or email ITS.firstname.lastname@example.org to request consultation from IT Service Management.
- We will respond within 24 hours.
- Consultation with a member of the ITSM team will provide an overview of the ITSM solution and details of the data needed to on-board you to the service.
- Upon receipt of a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and the creation of a bill code (if necessary), we will begin your project.
Communications and Status
If you are a customer of this service, please visit our Customer Communication Hub to self-register for communications regarding this service and to view Service Status.
- Effective August 15, 2016, the ITS Communications Hub has been replaced with the new DIT Communications Hub. The DIT Communications Hub is restricted to government and educational agencies.
- The link to the new DIT Communications Hub is https://ncconnect.sharepoint.com/sites/it_ext/com_hub
- If you are unable to access the new DIT Communications Hub please contact the DIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000 or email@example.com.