Cloud Based Network Security Services
Network Security Services, located in the cloud, provide agencies and other government entities with customized access protection to/from their private networks. Firewall/VPN, Intrusion Prevention Services (IPS), and Secured Remote Access VPN are bundled together creating a complete security solution. By locating these services in the cloud, customers can protect multiple sites while utilizing only one security instance. This service manages all phases of the cloud based security solution, including architectural validation, implementation, operations, and ongoing configuration management. Our network security analysts will provide consultation and recommend security best practices to aid in establishing the desired security policy to protect data assets
- Provides customer specified network access control
- Provides monitoring of network activities for malicious behavior and can block or prevent those activities
- Provides secure encrypted remote access to your agency's virtual private network through Virtual Routing and Forwarding (ESAP VRF)
- Protects and encrypts sensitive data (credit card, medical data, personally identifiable information, etc.)
- Performs authentication and authorization of users, allowing access to a pre-authorized list of agency/enterprise resources
- Provides global availability by extending the cloud to both the State’s Eastern and Western data centers
- Includes consultation regarding service options and security configurations
- 24/7 centralized monitoring and management via our Network-Security Operations and Service Desk
- Priced below or within Gartner Group's Security Services market rates
- Executive Branch agencies participating in ESAP (Enterprise Services Access Point), which provides agency specific private virtual networks
How Do We Charge?
The Customer agrees to pay the OSBM-approved rate for the term of this agreement. This agreement will be in effect for three (3) years from the date service is declared operational. This agreement will be automatically renewed on a month-to-month basis thereafter.
Monthly Recurring Charges consist of the following components:
- Our costs for hardware, software, maintenance, and management of required equipment
One-Time Charges are comprised of the following:
- Our consultation and implementation
Major Cost Drivers:
- Size and performance of equipment required to support your business requirements
- Open a service request with our Service Desk requesting service information for the Cloud Based Network Security Service.
- A Network Security Analyst will contact you to gather your specific Remote Access VPN requirements. The analyst will assist you in completing the Cloud Based Network Security order form.
- Email or fax the completed order form to email@example.com or (919) 850-2828.
- A Network Security Analyst will contact you to schedule/perform the Security consultation meeting.
- Security service installation occurs between 45 and 60 days from the date of the consultation meeting signoff.